Counselling West London:
I provide counselling in West London W14 on a confidential basis to a variety of people facing a variety of challenges in their lives. Many of my clients come to me because they face:
- Relationship, sex and family issues, anxieties and breakdown
- Work and professional stress, anxiety and crisis
- Alcoholism, drug dependency, sexual, relational and other addiction problems
- Eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating and other food dependency issues
- LGBT, minority and other discrimination issues
- Self-confidence, self-esteem and anxiety-related issues
- And many more.
Counselling West London: My Philosophy
My philosophy is simple. I follow five key principles in my work, and make these clear to my clients at the outset:
- I deal with clients where they are, not where I want them to be. No matter what stage you are in therapy, or where you are right now with your issues, or what those issues are, I’m happy to talk and see if I can help. I work with clients young and old, from a whole variety of backgrounds, and with a number of issues.
- I don’t try to mould my work with clients to fit into one particular theoretical approach. I have trained across a whole variety of disciplines in an integrative way, including person-centred, existential, 12-step and psychoanalytical approaches. I believe that there is some good in the worst theories, and some bad in the best theories. I never let a particular theory or approach direct or constrain my work with a client.
- If I can’t help, I’ll say so, and try to refer on appropriately. Sometimes the dynamic between a therapist and client really doesn’t work. I don’t want you to waste your money or time. If your interests would be better served elsewhere, I promise to tell you and try to refer you on to a more suitable therapist.
- I practice strict confidentiality. I take client confidentiality very seriously. I operate within the strict ethical framework laid down by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I always operate within the law, and take data protection legislation as a duty and a given.
- I am honest, open and discreet in all my dealings. Shame, guilt, fear and betrayal are parts of many of my client’s stories. I believe that moving past these, and developing self-esteem and self-care is essential for all my clients. No matter where you’ve been, or how you feel, my aim is to help, not judge you.
If you have any questions about my approach, or the principles above, please feel free to get in touch using the form on this site, or my contact details. Whatever you choose, I hope you find strength, hope and healing in your journey.